Making Inquiries

When someone tells Social Work that an adult is at risk of harm, it is Social Work’s job to make inquiries about the adult and their situation. Social Work make inquiries by asking people such as the adult’s carer, doctor or nurse, home care service, bank or the police for information about the adult and the harm which has happened to them. Social Work then decides if the adult needs any extra support to help them keep safe. 

This support can include an advocacy worker. This is an independent person who can help the adult to say what they want to happen, at any time in all of this. Social Work will put the adult in touch with an advocacy worker if they want this to happen.

Case Conference
Protection Plan
Protection Order